From 14th September 2019, Irish banks are requiring a two-factor authentication process. This extra layer of complexity is beyond our control and is sadly needed to offset fraud.
We try to make our payment system as easy and fool-proof as possible. This short guide is offered for anyone who is unsure of the process.
If you are a member of WGII it helps to log on first since you already have an account on our website.
It is not necessary to be or become a member of WGII in order to use our shop but it is necessary to create an online account. Some contact details are needed for this. We appreciate that not all these details are required for simple fee payments but we have no easy way to get our online apps to shorten the process.
- Find the item you wish to purchase in the WGII online shop.
- Then Click “ADD TO BASKET“
- If you wish to purchase more than one item you can return to the WGII online shop.
- Click “View Basket” (the location of this can vary according to the browser you use).
- Check your order is correct and click “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT“.
- Complete the billing details requested.
- Fill in your credit card details as requested.
- Complete any two-factor authentication steps.
- Tick “I have read and agree to the website terms and conditions“.
- Once you click “PLACE ORDER” you are authorising payment of the amount indicated.
- A brief message will appear acknowledging your payment and you will receive a receipt email.
We use STRIPE, a totally secure payment platform and your card details are not shared with WGII.
After you pay for an item, you should receive an email confirming your order. If you do not find this, please check your spam folder as sometimes such emails are wrongly identified as spam.
If you encounter any difficulties with paying please CONTACT THE WEBMASTER and describe your difficulties in the form referring to the above steps if possible.