The William Glasser Institute Ireland holds a special convention once a year, usually in October.
The aims of the convention are:
- to enrich the knowledge and skills of Choice Theory for its different applications in mental well-being, therapy, education and management
- to share information about Choice Theory and its applications with the general public
- to encourage WGII members to engage in study, research and presentations
- to facilitate the networking of people and organisations who are interested in Choice Theory and its applications
- to achieve our aims in a need-fulfilling environment of belonging, power, freedom, fun and general well-being
To achieve these aims the convention includes:
- one or more keynote presentations
- a range of workshops dealing with Choice Theory applications
- opportunities for participants to network
The convention is normally advertised via our newsletter, email messages and our website. Those wishing to attend may apply and pay online.
William Glasser International also organises a fully international conference and this takes place every two years (on even-numbered years). Application for this is through the WGI website, www.wglasserinternational.org
What follows is an archive of postings about recent conventions:
- 20th Annual ConventionClice READ MORE below to find out about this exciting event, our 20th Annual Convention!
- Photos from NaasPhotos thanks to Norah Finn
- ANNUAL CONVENTION 2018
WGII CONFERENCE 2018!
SATURDAY 6th OCTOBER
A day of wonderful presentations and great enthusiasm.
If you missed it then decide now to be at next year’s exciting event!
- WGI Conference in Bogotá
A very succesful international conference has just concluded in Bogotá, the capital of Colombia.
Over 300 delegates attended with over 80 of these from countries outside of Colombia. From Ireland we had Gisela Oates, Patrick Coughlan and Brian Lennon. In addition Dr. Terry Lynch was one of the keynote speakers and made a great impression with his very clear exposition of the abuse of psychiatric medication.
The photograph shows the European group in Bogotá with delegates from Croatia, Spain and Ireland.
Keynotes and workshops continued from Thursday to Saturday. As usual, there was a wide range of topics covering all the applications of Choice Theory psychology. A significant number of the presenters were from Colombia itself, a clear measure of the success of the local member organisation, Fundación Eligir. In this conference they presented a wonderful showcase of Choice Theory and of Colombia itself, a country that is rapidly moving towards greater peace and stability.
- Annual Conference 2017
Click on the photo to start slide-show!There was a special buzz about the Annual Conference in Naas on Saturday 7th October last. Participants were very aware that the last few years had been especially difficult but that WGII was now moving into a new era of optimism. New structures and new approaches will be needed and WGII appeals to all its members to join forces in this task.A recent refresher workshop in Dublin had shown the level of enthusiasm that is out there. The conference programme speaks for itself (see below) and will give all a good idea of what was a very productive day.Full credit to Arthur Dunne and his team for putting together this event on behalf of all our members and trainees.
- International Conference 2018
The next William Glasser International Conference will be held in Bogotá, Colombia in June 2018 (27th to 30th) . Colombia’s exciting capital enjoys what can best be described as a good Irish summer all the year round. Please visit the Conference Website for the latest information.
- Annual WGII Conference 2017