The William Glasser Institute Ireland holds a special convention once a year, usually in October.
The aims of the convention are:
- to enrich the knowledge and skills of Choice Theory for its different applications in mental well-being, therapy, education and management
- to share information about Choice Theory and its applications with the general public
- to encourage WGII members to engage in study, research and presentations
- to facilitate the networking of people and organisations who are interested in Choice Theory and its applications
- to achieve our aims in a need-fulfilling environment of belonging, power, freedom, fun and general well-being
To achieve these aims the convention includes:
- one or more keynote presentations
- a range of workshops dealing with Choice Theory applications
- opportunities for participants to network
The convention is normally advertised via our newsletter, email messages and our website. Those wishing to attend may apply and pay online.
William Glasser International also organises a fully international conference and this takes place every two years (on even-numbered years). Application for this is through the WGI website, www.wglasserinternational.org
What follows is an archive of postings about recent conventions:
- 20th NATIONAL CONVENTIONTwelve wonderful presentations Recordings available soon Fully international flavour Registration is now OPEN! New Convention menu now available above Full Presentation Details If you already have an account on our website, we recommend you log in before registering. IMPORTANT: All those who register will have access to the video recordings of the opening and of all the workshops. The links will be displayed on the PARTICIPANTS’ page in the Convention menu. REGISTER NOW! Tell your friends around the world about this great event open to all.
- 20th Annual ConventionClice READ MORE below to find out about this exciting event, our 20th Annual Convention!
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE POSTPONEDDue to the current coronavirus crisis, the WGI International Conference, due to be held in Croatia this coming June of 2020, has been postponed. Obviously, we regret any inconvenience this causes but this decision is taken in the interests of the safety and health of all. Here is information on the postponement of the WGI and EART Conference 2020 in Croatia. New Conference dates are: Conference 24th, 25th and 26th of June 2021 Faculty day 27th of June 2021 Everything like fees, hotel rooms and abstracts will be transferred to new dates. For those who will not be able to come refund will be possible. Due to organizational problems fee refund will be reduced for bank expenses and it will be possible after June 2020. You can get information on email: email@example.com For Hotel rooms cancelation/refund please contact Amadra Park Šibenik Tel: +385 22 361 001 firstname.lastname@example.org At the moment Amadria Park is not working due to Coronavirus epidemic. Couple of them are working from home and they seek your understanding and patience. We are very sad that we had to postpone Conference but we hope to see you all next year in Croatia. Stay safe and healthy! Organizational Committee Dubravka Stijačić William Glasser Quote: „Since there will be no one left to talk peace after the ...
- International Conference 2020The William Glasser International Conference will be held in Sibenik, Croatia 24-27 June 2020. This is an occasion to charge your Choice Theory batteries and in no better place. https://youtu.be/eklz_ifyBRc Croatia is one of the most beautiful countries on earth and Ireland has a special relationship with it as we were the first to recognise their independence. If you have not experienced a Croatian welcome and Croatian music, now is your chance. The International Conference is held every two years and attracts Choice Theory people from all over the world. There will be exciting keynotes and fascinating workshops not to mention great moments of fun. See you in Croatia. Now is the time to save the date, register and begin planning a wonderful trip GET MORE INFORMATION HERE
- WGII CONVENTION 2019HAVE YOU BOOKED YET? DATE: Saturday, October 5th. VENUE: Osprey Hotel, Naas, Co. Kildare. COST: €90 for the day for non-members, €81 for members with a special rate of €50 for students. That includes coffees and lunch. THEME: “Involvement and Connection with Choice Theory” EVERYBODY WELCOME! PAY ONLINE HERE! CONFERENCE PROGRAMME SUMMARY 8.45 Registration and Coffee 9.30 KEYNOTE: Choice Theory Psychology and The Politics of Choice. Presenter: Brian Lennon: 11.00 Coffee 11.30 Workshop Session 1 Workshop A: Our Choice Theory Journeys Presenter: Grahame O’Connor Workshop B: Parenting with Choice Theory: Doreen Maher and Tracey Fox 1.00 Lunch 2.15 KEYNOTE: How it all started: Memories of Dr Glasser in Ireland. Presenters: Arthur Dunne, Eileen Hearne, Brian Lennon, Ken Lyons, Jimmie Woods. 3.15 Coffee 3.45 Workshop Session 2 Workshop A: Creating the Quality Primary School: Engaging children, parents and teachers. Presenter: Sarah Workshop B: Learning to Love the Chart: Presenter: Arthur Dunne 5.15. Annual General Meeting (WGII Members only) CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL PROGRAMME DETAILS
- Photos from NaasPhotos thanks to Norah Finn
- ANNUAL CONVENTION 2018
WGII CONFERENCE 2018!
SATURDAY 6th OCTOBER
A day of wonderful presentations and great enthusiasm.
If you missed it then decide now to be at next year’s exciting event!
- WGI Conference in Bogotá
A very succesful international conference has just concluded in Bogotá, the capital of Colombia.
Over 300 delegates attended with over 80 of these from countries outside of Colombia. From Ireland we had Gisela Oates, Patrick Coughlan and Brian Lennon. In addition Dr. Terry Lynch was one of the keynote speakers and made a great impression with his very clear exposition of the abuse of psychiatric medication.
The photograph shows the European group in Bogotá with delegates from Croatia, Spain and Ireland.
Keynotes and workshops continued from Thursday to Saturday. As usual, there was a wide range of topics covering all the applications of Choice Theory psychology. A significant number of the presenters were from Colombia itself, a clear measure of the success of the local member organisation, Fundación Eligir. In this conference they presented a wonderful showcase of Choice Theory and of Colombia itself, a country that is rapidly moving towards greater peace and stability.
- Annual Conference 2017
Click on the photo to start slide-show!There was a special buzz about the Annual Conference in Naas on Saturday 7th October last. Participants were very aware that the last few years had been especially difficult but that WGII was now moving into a new era of optimism. New structures and new approaches will be needed and WGII appeals to all its members to join forces in this task.A recent refresher workshop in Dublin had shown the level of enthusiasm that is out there. The conference programme speaks for itself (see below) and will give all a good idea of what was a very productive day.Full credit to Arthur Dunne and his team for putting together this event on behalf of all our members and trainees.
- International Conference 2018
The next William Glasser International Conference will be held in Bogotá, Colombia in June 2018 (27th to 30th) . Colombia’s exciting capital enjoys what can best be described as a good Irish summer all the year round. Please visit the Conference Website for the latest information.