The William Glasser Institute Ireland holds a special convention once a year, usually in October.
The aims of the convention are:
- to enrich the knowledge and skills of Choice Theory for its different applications in mental well-being, therapy, education and management
- to share information about Choice Theory and its applications with the general public
- to encourage WGII members to engage in study, research and presentations
- to facilitate the networking of people and organisations who are interested in Choice Theory and its applications
- to achieve our aims in a need-fulfilling environment of belonging, power, freedom, fun and general well-being
To achieve these aims the convention includes:
- one or more keynote presentations
- a range of workshops dealing with Choice Theory applications
- opportunities for participants to network
The convention is normally advertised via our newsletter, email messages and our website. Those wishing to attend may apply and pay online.
William Glasser International also organises a fully international conference and this takes place every two years (on even-numbered years). Application for this is through the WGI website, www.wglasserinternational.org
- Annual Conference 2017
Click on the photo to start slide-show!There was a special buzz about the Annual Conference in Naas on Saturday 7th October last. Participants were very aware that the last few years had been especially difficult but that WGII was now moving into a new era of optimism. New structures and new approaches will be needed and WGII appeals to all its members to join forces in this task.A recent refresher workshop in Dublin had shown the level of enthusiasm that is out there. The conference programme speaks for itself (see below) and will give all a good idea of what was a very productive day.Full credit to Arthur Dunne and his team for putting together this event on behalf of all our members and trainees.
- International Conference 2018 The next William Glasser International Conference will be held in Bogotá, Colombia in June 2018 (27th to 30th) . Colombia's exciting capital enjoys what can best be described as a good Irish summer all the year round. Please visit the Conference Website for the latest information.
- Annual WGII Conference 2017
CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF WGII
The 2017 WGII Conference will be held
Saturday 7th October 2017
in the OSPREY Hotel, NAAS, Co. Kildare
Click MORE to see the full programme