The objectives of the web-site are:
- to help spread information about Choice Theory and Reality Therapy
- to provide news and ideas to those who are members of the Institute
- to provide a forum for discussion of Choice Theory and related ideas
- to provide a communication and resource scheme for WGII committee and faculty
To further its aims the web-site will endeavour to …
- encourage people to learn Choice Theory
- teach people about Choice Theory
- teach people about Reality Therapy
- teach people about Lead Management
- inform people about publications and other resources which may help them learn or deepen their understanding of RT/CT
- inform people about formal courses leading to Certification
- inform members about formal courses for development of faculty
- inform members about Branch activities and other formal events hosted by WGII
- inform members about all WGII news and activities
- inform members about the WGII office
- provide trainee members with information about the availability of Practicum Supervisors following on information received from them
- share group or learning aids provided by members
The primary emphasis of the web-site’s front end will be to promote Choice Theory to the general public.
This will mean providing the public with:
- a clear summary of Choice Theory
- information about the training process
- information about the advantages of RT/CT training and related accreditation
- details of forthcoming courses, venues and costs
- an easy way to access training (e.g., online application)
- information about RT/CT resources, books and articles
- a clear professional and ethical image of WGII and its work
- testimonials from people who have used Choice Theory
It will also require:
- clear identification of our “markets”
- specific strategies (e.g. timing of information release) for different markets
- ongoing research into effectiveness of web-site in achieving our goals
- pro-active promotion of our web-site
The web-site will advertise official events dealing with Reality Therapy, Choice Theory and Lead Management. This will include:
- official WGII events including courses, seminars, meetings, conferences
- official WGII branch events
- free public talks about Reality Therapy, Choice Theory or Lead Management when given by WGI faculty
It will not …
- advertise events that are not official or that do not deal with Reality Therapy, Choice Theory or Lead Management.
- advertise on behalf of individuals.
- Will not issue unsolicited mail.
The web-site will publish …
- all official documents of WGII
- other informational material of use to the committee, faculty or members
The web-site will incorporate links to …
- international and national bodies that are associates of WGI and to certain sites that contain information relevant to Dr. Glasser’s published ideas.
- This person will be appointed by the National Committee of WGII.
- The webmaster will be a certified member of WGII.
- The webmaster will be in charge of the WGII web-site.
- The webmaster will be responsible for:
- negotiation with the Internet Service Provider
- obtaining and maintaining WGII’s domain name
- Supervising web-design and maintenance
- relaying of messages received by the site to relevant committee members
- deciding what may or may not be published on the web-site in accordance with the WGII policy
- ensure that the web-site content and display is dignified, ethical and in accordance with the aims of WGII.
- delegating tasks where appropriate
- The webmaster will at all times:
- respect the copyright and intellectual owner rights of any material displayed on the web-site
- take all due precautions not to permit external interference in the web-site
- never make available to others any e-addresses or other personal information supplied to the site or web-master without the explicit consent of the owner
- take all steps necessary to prevent the automatic harvesting of e-mail addresses from the site.
- seek ways of improving the quality of the site and the service it provides.