The following outline of requirements is provided here to show the type of content that should be presented. It is not the latest.
Advanced Practicum Requirements
- 6 case studies using a minimum of four clients
- 2 presentations including the one for summer
- A journal to be kept, 3 extracts from which are to be submitted
- Ethics: final revision
- “Choice Theory”: a creative critique of an aspect of the book that appealed to you showing what impact it had on your life
- “Reality Therapy in Action” (or paperback version: “Counselling with Choice Theory): a creative review of the book highlighting the aspects of Reality Therapy used in the cases
- In the case of “Reality Therapy in Action” already having been studied at Basic Practicum level then “What are you doing?” will be substituted
- A review of a third book. Drawn from “The Quality School”, “The Quality School Teacher”, “Getting Together and Staying Together”, “The Control Theory Manager”, “Every Student Can Succeed”, “What is this thing called Love?”
- It is highly recommended that all of Dr. Glasser’s books should be read.